Planning Consultants & Specialists in:
Residential Development (New Build & Conversions)
Strategic Local Plan Representation
Business Growth and Diversification Advisory Work
Tourism & Leisure sector - in depth involvement on a national basis: National Associate Members of the BH & HPA (British Holiday & Home Parks Association)
Farm and Estate Diversification: identifying and releasing exploitation potential.
Removal of Agricultural Ties and other similar restrictions
Commercial Building proposals
Residential / Static/ Touring Caravan / Glamping Development including site design and layouts
Confidential research re planning history and potential - prior to purchase or sale
Conservation Areas, Listed Buildings, AONBs, Green Belts. Open Countryside, Management Dwellings: pursuit of consents
Redundant Building Conversions
Pursuit of commercial and industrial consents
all survey, Drawing and design work undertaken utilising our in-house RIBA lead architectural team
all work is approached using an integrated team of chartered surveyors, planners and architects
Our Recent Successes.
Below are some examples of recent projects where we have secured approvals
Four dwellings - satellite village
to market town 5 miles distant
All new build dwellings generally using reclaimed materials predominantly outside Village Development Line. Initial officer resistance turned to support.
Major Camping Pod and
Tree House Scheme
- Approved in National Park environment. Commercial woodland. NOT as a farm diversification initiative.
150 New Build Dwellings
- Worked through from initial Local Plan submission to outline approval. Outside remote township with only moderate public transport facilities.
New build dwellings adjacent
to Listed Church
6 prestigious dwellings approved - rural village - some opposition. Sensitive archaeological environment. No affordable dwellings necessary.
Mixed Lodge, Caravan and Camping
Pod Scheme Adjacent to AONB
- Open countryside leisure operation with redundant building conversions also added into the scheme to improve the business offer.
Negotiation of Radical Reduction
in the Number of Affordable
Dwellings Initially demanded
- Successful Local Plan submission led to outline consent for 50+ edge of settlement new build dwellings. Careful liaison and detail provided to officers left the client with an increase in market dwellings.
Rural village - outside
Development Line -
New build dwellings designed to appear as barn conversions. Officers supported the scheme.
Coastal Landscape - Static Caravan Approvals
- 60+ units approved on rising coastal land in open landscape setting.
Sporting/ Leisure and Water Based Activities
- Series of successes.
Residential outline approval
Major housing allocation adjacent to rural service center.
Local Plan submission and Public Enquiry appearance led to designed up scheme in outline leading to consent for 156 houses.
Land in question - open agricultural fields
- Approval for illumination system secured in remote area - contrary to officer recommendation of refusal and voluble local opposition.
- American Barn, menage, and international standard jumping facilities approved with staff accommodation
- Ties removed and new consents secured for workers dwellings.
- Substantial series of consents secured for all types of agricultural buildings.
Substantial caravan consents gained within the Heritage Coast, despite vigorous opposition.
Planning consent secured at planning committee despite heavy canvassing by objectors opposing the scheme.
All units were metal clad. Timber cladding avoided.
Commercial storage and workshop
Land adjacent to small industrial estate (5 acres)
- Substantial commercial storage and distribution approved in open countryside along with workshops for upkeep and repair of client controlled HGV's and heavy agricultural vehicles.
New job opportunities secured along with business growth.
Game Hatchery unanimously approved in open countryside at planning committee, despite numerous objections, objector - canvassing and strident verbal opposition.
Renovation of Listed Farmhouse approved along with 4 Listed Residential Barn Conversions in open countryside.
Residential - Conservation
Area - Strident local opposition
14 Dwellings approved within and abutting Conservation Area - rural village - substantial local opposition. Secured originally via submissions through the Local Plan process - then followed by full planning approval.